- Spay and Neuter
- Abdominal Exploration
- Foreign Body Removal
- Gastric Dilation and Volvulus
- Urinary Bladder Surgery
- Growth Excision
- Ear Cropping
- Orthopedics: IM Pin, Plating, ACL Repair, External Fixator and TPLO Procedures
- We offer in house digital radiology. We take radiographs of your pet’s injuries or areas of concern so that we may better diagnose your pet’s condition. Radiographs aid in the evaluation of muscular
-skeletal, cardiovascular, pulmonary, gastrointestinal, reproductive and urinary systems. Radiographs are performed, processed and interpreted while you wait. The image quality of digital radiographs is much higher than a film radiograph and there is no lost time processing the image. Images are typically available within a matter of seconds. This allows to be able to diagnose and treat your pet quickly and efficiently. Digital radiology is environmentally friendly as there are no chemicals to contaminate water systems and it decreases the exposure to radiation to your pet’s as images can be manipulated via computer. We have the availability to, with the click of a button send your radiographs to multiple board certified radiologist for second opinions or referrals if needed.
- We now offer digital dental radiology which allows us to visualize the internal anatomy of your pet’s teeth along with the roots and surrounding bone. This allows us to accurately diagnose bone loss or hidden disease that may be present in the tooth roots and jawbone areas. These areas may or may not have been visible during our thorough pre surgical examination. https://www.avdc.org/ownersinfo.html
- Interested in having your pet OFA Certificatied? Download and fill out this form when coming in for your consultation to expedite the process. Simply leave the payment and veterinary information blank and we will take care of it upon arrival.
- We have an in house, state of the art laboratory for diagnostic testing which gives us results virtually immediately. This allows us the quick and precise information needed to manage your pet’s medical needs. We have the ability to run complete blood chemistry panels, infectious blood disease screenings, lepto screenings, parvo screenings, cytologies of skin and ear samples, urinalysis to aid in the management of bladder and kidney health, and fecal analysis to aid in the detection of parasites.
- Blood pressure equipment allows us to assess and monitor your pet’s condition during critical life threatening times, anesthesia and shock, as well as allowing us to establish a base line reading.
- ECG monitoring and testing allow us to monitor your pet during surgery. Our system monitors blood pressure, respiration, heart activity, oxygen saturation and temperature. In addition we also utilize ECG to evaluate heart function. This noninvasive tool aids in revealing underlying heart conditions by measuring the electrical activity of the heart.
- Tonometry allows us to measure intraocular pressure. This aids in accessing the eyes for glaucoma as well as other conditions that may raise the pressures within the eyes. Glaucoma, as in humans, can be a devastating disease if pressure within the eye is not monitored closely on a regular basis.